- 1 lb brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 TBS olive oil
Lemon Pepper Cashew Dressing:
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked, drained & rinsed
- juice of small lemon (about 3 TBS), plus zest for more flavor
- 2–3 TBS water, depending on how thick you want dressing
- 1 tsp stoneground mustard, optional but I like the extra kick
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- In a large skillet on medium heat, cook down shredded brussels sprouts in one tablespoon of olive oil, about 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- Make your dressing: combine cashews, lemon juice, zest if using, water, mustard, garlic, salt & pepper in small blender or food processor. Blend until creamy, add another tablespoon of water if you want thinner dressing.
- Toss cooked brussels sprouts with dressing, serve warm or cold, enjoy!
-Recipe can be easily doubled, and served warm or cold!
-Dressing can be made one or two days ahead of time to cut down down on prep. Double dressing recipe if doubling brussels sprouts.
-Store leftovers in fridge up to three days.
- Serving Size: 1/6th
- Calories: 56
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 252mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 0mg