- 2 large stalks kale, about 4 cups leaves
- 1 TBS avocado oil, plus more for hands
- 1 1/2 TBS nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp pink salt, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 300ºF. Grease a large baking sheet (or line with parchment paper) and set aside.
- Carefully remove leaves from the stalk of the kale. You can either pull the leaves or cut away from the stalk. Rip or cut kale into large pieces, then wash and dry kale in salad spinner. Make sure your kale is dry before the next step. You can pat down with paper towel and let air dry on cooling rack until dry.
- Place the dry kale leaves in a bowl and drizzle on about half tablespoon avocado oil. Massage oil into the kale leaves using your finger tips. Sprinkle on 1 TBS nutritional yeast, and all of your seasonings. Add another half tablespoon and repeat this process with well oiled hands, massaging the nutritional yeast and seasonings into the kale leaves.
- Transfer leaves to baking sheet, arranging in single layer. Sprinkle on the rest of the nutritional yeast and a few more dashes of salt if you wish.
- Bake kale at 300ºF for 7-9 minutes, watching very closely. All ovens are different, so adjust baking time to desired texture of kale chips. Allow kale chips to cool on pan for 5 minutes before enjoying.
- Serving Size: 1/2
- Calories: 98
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0g