Posted by Ashleyhttps://www.fitmittenkitchen.com/sausage-kale-spaghetti-squash-frittata-whole30/
© 2017 Fit Mitten Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Sausage Kale Spaghetti Squash Frittata [ Whole30 ]
- 1 TBS oil, enough to coat skillet
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 TBS minced garlic
- 12oz package chicken sausage (I used Bilinskis), cut into 1/2" slices
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and chopped, about 2 cups
- 2 cups spaghetti squash noodles (about 1 small spaghetti squash)
- 3 TBS nutritional yeast, optional
- 10 large eggs
- 1 tsp Italian or all-purpose seasoning
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 package sun-dried tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat 10" cast iron skillet (or oven-proof skillet) with 1 TBS oil. Add in diced onion, minced garlic, and chicken sausage slices. Stir frequently until sausage has slightly browned.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs and seasonings, set aside.
- Add in chopped kale and cover skillet with lid until kale has cooked own, about 2 minutes. Add in spaghetti squash and stir until noodles are evenly dispersed throughout the pan. Let mixture cook down with uncovered lid.
- Gently pour in whisked eggs. Use spatula to lift spaghetti squash mixture allowing eggs to evenly disperse.
- Transfer skillet to preheated oven and bake uncovered for 25-35 minutes, until eggs are set. Middle may bubble up, it will set upon cooling.
- Allow skillet to cool and set for 15-20 minutes. Slice, serve and enjoy!
To prep spaghetti squash, preheat oven to 400F. Cut lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Oil insides of squash and place face down on baking sheet. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until squash is soft and noodles come out with fork.
Prep time includes baking squash.
-Nutrition approximate, based on eight servings.
Serving size: 1/8 recipe Calories: 230 Fat: 11 Carbohydrates: 13 Sugar: 6 Fiber: 3 Protein: 19