- 12 asparagus
- 3 large beets, peeled and sliced into 1/4” rounds
- 4 large carrots, peeled
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 TBS avocado oil (for roasting veggies)
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- arugula (or choice of greens)
- 1 large avocado, fleshed and sliced
for the dressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 TBS avocado oil
- 2–3 TBS water (as needed to thin)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
- Roast the veggies: Preheat oven to 375ºF and line large baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper. Once veggies have been washed/peeled and prepped, place on baking sheet and drizzle oil – use hands to coat or use cooking spray. Roast veggies for a total of about 30-35 minutes, flipping veggies half way through baking time. Allow veggies to cool on baking sheet. Transfer asparagus and carrots to cutting board to cut in 2-3″ pieces. Set veggies aside.
- Cook the quinoa: Meanwhile bring 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups water (or broth) to a boil then reduce to low heat and cover; simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with fork after 5 minutes.
- Make the dressing: In small blender combined all ingredients for dressing until smooth – use 1 tablespoon of water at a time until desired consistency is reached. You can also whisk everything together in medium bowl or use immersion blender.
- Prepare the bowls: Evenly distribute quinoa and arugula into 4 bowls or meal prep containers. Add cut asparagus and carrots, chopped sweet potatoes, beet rounds and sliced avocado into each bowl/container. Add in a small handful of sprouts to each dish and top with dressing before serving. Power bowls enjoyed warm or cold!
- Serving Size: 1/4th without dressing
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 409
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 45
- Fiber: 10
- Protein: 10
- Cholesterol: 0