- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 “ fresh cube of ginger, peeled and grated (or minced)
- 2 cups peeled chopped sweet potato (about 1 med-lg potato or 2 small)
- 1 ½ TBSP red curry paste
- 3 TBSP peanut butter
- 1 (14) ounce canned coconut milk
- ½ cup vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce (tamari or coconut aminos)
- 1 lime
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- 1 large red bell pepper, julienne cut
- 1 small bunch, lacinato kale (chopped, about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 (14 ounce) canned chickpeas
For Serving and Garnish
- rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice
- green onions
- chopped roasted peanuts
- In large pot over medium heat, add oil, garlic, ginger – cook for about 1 minute. Add in chopped sweet potato, curry paste and peanut butter, stirring to coat and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add in coconut milk, broth (or water), soy sauce, juice of lime, ground turmeric, ground coriander. Stir and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in bell pepper and simmer for another 5-10 minutes – until potatoes are soft. Stir in chopped lacinato kale and chickpeas, and warm for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice, quinoa or even cauliflower rice. Garnish with cilantro, chopped peanuts.