Almond Raspberry Galette
Serve up this rustic Almond Raspberry Galette with your favorite ice cream! You’re definitely going to want seconds! It’s a healthier summer dessert that is guaranteed to be a hit. Made with almond flour for a grain free, paleo friendly treat.
- Author: Ashley
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 TBSP coconut sugar
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter, frozen (dairy-free or conventional)
- 3 TBS ice cold water
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 12 oz fresh raspberries (about 3 cups)
- 1 TBSP coconut sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 TBSP tapioca flour (cornstarch may be subbed)
- Combine ice cold water with apple cider vinegar; set aside.
- In the bowl of large food processor, pulse together flours, salt and granulated sugar. Add in frozen cubed butter and pulse until butter has broken down into small bits. Add in ice cold water + ACV mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing in between until dough comes together. Dough should just come together and not be overly wet. If you think you added too much water, work in some more flour with your hands. If you think it’s too dry and dough doesn’t form a ball, add a tiny bit more water.
- Shape dough into disc then roll between parchment paper, about 10″ in diameter. Freeze flat dough for 1 hour, or keep covered in fridge overnight.
- Once dough has chilled and you’re ready to bake, preheat oven to 350ºF and carefully transfer chilled dough to baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl combine raspberries with coconut sugar, vanilla and tapioca flour; gently combine being careful to not smash raspberries.
- Place filling in center of dough, leaving about 2” around the edges. Gently fold edges up around filling to create crust – it’s okay if some pieces break, just press back together. Add sliced almonds to crust edge if you’d like.
- Bake galette for 25-35 minutes, or until edges of crust are slightly golden.
- Allow galette to cool on the pan for about 15 minutes, then slice and serve with your favorite ice cream or whipped topping.
Keywords: raspberry galette, almond flour dough, paleo dessert