This Purple Sweet Potato Smoothie is loaded with antioxidants. No bananas or extra added sugars. Just purple sweet potato, cauliflower, coconut milk, cashew butter a Medjool date and your choice of extra protein if you’d like! Vegan and paleo.
- 1 cup cubed purple sweet potato, pre-cooked & frozen
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower rice*
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk**
- 1/2 TBS ginger paste, or 1
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 large Medjool date***, pitted
- 1 TBS cashew butter
- Add all ingredients to blender cup.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add more (or less) liquid for desired consistency. I used 1 cup of milk and it was fairly thick. Add more liquid or milk to drink through straw.
prep time does not include pre-cooking sweet potato or cauliflower
*I used frozen cauliflower rice but you can also use florets.
**I suggest using a creamier non-dairy milk.
**The Medjool date helps add a sweetness to the recipe, feel free to add another date or a touch of honey to taste.
- Category: smoothie
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: paleo smoothie, purple sweet potato smoothie