- Line mini muffin pan with 12 paper liners, set aside.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in about 20 second increments, stirring in between until chips have completely melted. (You can also melt in a small saucepan on stove over low heat, or a double boiler. Just be careful not to burn your chips whichever method you prefer!)
- Scoop just a little less than ½ tablespoon of melted chocolate into 12 muffin liners. Transfer pan to freezer and allow chocolate to set for 5 minutes.
- While bottom chocolate layer sets, make your filling: In a small bowl, microwave coconut butter with mashed purple sweet potato Set aside.
- Take muffin pan out of freezer. Using ½ teaspoon, scoop a rounded ball of sweet potato coconut butter (equal to about 1 tsp) and place on solid chocolate. Gently press butter down a little bit with back of teaspoon to flatten. Cover in more melted chocolate, about another ½ tablespoon. Transfer pan back to freezer for another 5 minutes until set.
- I like to store my chocolate cups in the fridge, then allow to come to room temperature before eating. Enjoy!
*It’s really easy to make your own coconut butter! Just follow this tutorial from my friend, Les.
-To prepare purple sweet potato you can boil a small potato in pot covered with water, for about 30 minutes, or until soft. Alternatively you can also bake the potato in the oven at 400F, about 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on size of potato.
prep time does not include potato preparation
- Serving Size: 1/12th
- Calories: 78
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 6mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg