- Line a square 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your food processor, process nuts, coconut, collagen peptides, and spices until a course meal, about 10-15 seconds.
- Remove lid from food processor and add pitted dates. Process again until ingredients are fully combined, roughly 15-20 seconds. Start adding water 1 Tablespoon at at time. You may need up to 4 Tablespoons. Ball mixture will be thick, sticky, and slightly wet.
- Transfer mixture to lined pan, pressing flat and evenly into all 4 corners. Place pan in freezer for about 15 minutes to allow bars to firm up.
- Lift bars out of pan, place on cutting board, and cut into 16 squares. Store in container in fridge for up to 2 weeks.
For the nuts I used raw, unsalted cashews and walnuts. Feel free to use a mix of nuts such as almonds and cashews, almonds and walnuts, etc.
You could also make these into energy balls! I’d suggest about a rounded Tablespoon size.
Collagen peptides is not needed for this recipe. You can leave it out, just decrease the water about 1 TBS less.
Nutrition information based on 1/16th of recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 bar/square
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 17
- Sodium: 21
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 0