These Pumpkin Spice Paleo Protein Bars use a simple blend of dates, nuts, and loads of pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon for extra flavor. We’re also sneaking in some collagen peptides for added health benefits. Whole30 compliant.
- Line a square 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap, set aside.
- In the bowl of your food processor process nuts, coconut, collagen peptides, and spices until a course meal, about 10-15 seconds.
- Remove lid from bowl and add pitted dates. Process again until ingredients are fully combined, roughly 15-20 seconds. Start adding water 1 tablespoon at at time. You may need up to 4 tablespoons. Ball mixture will be thick, sticky, and slightly wet.
- Transfer mixture to lined pan, pressing flat and evenly into all 4 corners. Place pan in freezer for about 15 minutes to allow bars to firm up.
- Lift bars out of pan, place on cutting board, and cut into 16 squares. Store in container in fridge for about 2 weeks.
You could also make these into energy balls! I’d suggest about a rounded tablespoon size.
Collagen peptides is not needed for this recipe. You can leave it out, just decrease the water about 1 TBS less.
Nutrition information approximate based on 1/16
- Category: snacks
- Method: food processor
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar/square
- Calories: 195
- Sugar: 16
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 7
Keywords: homemade RXbars, paleo protein bars, collagen peptides recipes