- 2 cups organic dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups raw organic cashews (or already dry roasted)
- 2 TBS coconut sugar (optional but I think it helps balance flavors)
- 1 TBS pumpkin pie spice*
- Preheat oven to 325F and place raw cashews on a medium baking sheet. Spread evenly in one layer and toast for 10-15 minutes, or until lightly golden. Let nuts cool on pan for 10 minutes. No need to toast nuts if purchasing roasted. But the process time may take a little longer.
- Place peanuts and slightly cooled cashews in bowl of food processor. Sprinkle on pumpkin spice and sugar.
- Cover with lid and process for about 5-10 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Every food processor is different. I use a Breville Sous Chef and it takes roughly 7 minutes total with scraping in between.
- Once your nuts have turned into a slightly creamy consistency (approx. 7 minutes) you can choose to stop processing, or process a little bit longer for extra smooth. The longer you process the creamier the cashew peanut butter will be, as more oil is being released.
- Transfer Pumpkin Spice Cashew Peanut Butter into jar with lid and store at room temperature* or in fridge.
DIY PUMPKIN PIE SPICE BLEND: 3 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon + 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger + 2 teaspoons Nutmeg + 1-1/2 teaspoon Ground Allspice + 1-1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves. Store in jar with lid.
Using a 12-cup food processor bowl and 4 cups of nuts allowed me just enough to have the blades work properly, while still having to scrape down the sides of the bowl a few times. I wouldn’t recommend using less than 3.5-4 cups in a 12 cup bowl, or you may not achieve a creamy consistency in the end.
*I have read on ways to keep nut butters, and looked at different brands’ labels on how to store, and there is no right or wrong way. I personally keep mine in the pantry at room temperature, but they can also be stored in the fridge.
-prep time refers to oven time for toasting nuts and cook time refers to time in food processor.
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 6mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg