Overnight Oats Base:
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (can also use quick oats)
- 2 TBS chia seeds
- 1 cup yogurt (Greek or plant-based)
- 2 cups milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 serving of protein powder, optional (whey or plant based 1)
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 2 TBS mini chocolate chips or chopped chocolate chunks
- 1 TBS cocoa powder (or chocolate protein powder)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- zest of 1 lemon plus 2TBS juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract or essential oil
- Make the overnight oats base: In large jar combine all the ingredients for the “Overnight Oats Base”. You can use Greek yogurt for added protein, or plant-based yogurt and plant-protein if dairy-free or vegan. Depending on if you want more than one flavor for a batch, you can divide the mixture evenly between 2 or 4 jars if you’d like or make one batch of one single flavor.
- For Strawberry Banana version – add chopped strawberries and sliced banana. Stir and close lid; refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- For Chocolate Raspberry version – add raspberries, cocoa powder and chocolate chips (if desired). Stir and close lid; refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- For Lemon Blueberry version – add blueberries, lemon juice, lemon zest and lemon extract/oil. Stir and close lid; refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Mixture should take about 2 hours to thicken. If the mixture is too thick for your liking, simply add a couple more tablespoons of milk, stir, and place back in fridge.
- Overnight oats should be consumed within 3-4 days time. Enjoy!
1 If using plant-based protein you may need a couple more splashes of liquid. If mixture is still thick after chilling, just stir in another tablespoon or so of milk. You’ll need 2 16oz jars for the overnight oats base recipe, or smaller jars if dividing up the recipe and making the different flavors.
- Serving Size: 1/4th
- Calories: 303
- Sugar: 16
- Sodium: 196
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 16g
- Cholesterol: 16mg