- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup mixed dried berries (blueberries, cherries, cranberries, etc.)
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- 2 TBSP hemp hearts (optional)
- In a large bowl combine peanut butter and maple syrup until smooth. Note; if peanut butter is really thick, you may find that warming up the mixture helps. Or add a tablespoon of oil.
- Add rolled oats, dried berries, chia seeds and hemp hearts. Use sturdy spatula or spoon to combine. You may need to work the mixture together with your hands to fully combine at the end.
- Place bowl in freezer for about 10 minutes (or fridge for 20 minutes). The cold mixture will make forming the energy balls a lot easier.
- Using a 1/2 round tablespoon (I like to use my small cookie scoop), scoop mixture into rounded balls and roll between palms to shape. You should get roughly 20 rounded tablespoon size balls.
- Store energy balls in airtight container in fridge about 2 weeks. Or freezer about 2-3 months.
Place energy balls in single layer on lined baking sheet and transfer to freezer for about 15 minutes prior to storing.
You can use a mix of nut butters like cashew or almond if you have a peanut allergy.