Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- optional added sweetener, such as 1/2 TBSP maple syrup (to taste)
Peanut Butter Granola
- 3 1/4 cups rolled oats, divided*
- 1/3 cup + 2 TBSP all-natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
PB & J Breakfast Parfaits
Make the Peanut Butter Granola:
- Preheat oven to 325ºF and line 9×13 cake pan or quarter sheet pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine peanut butter and maple syrup. If peanut butter is tough to stir, warm in microwave-safe bowl for in about 20 second increments. Add in rolled oats and quick oats, stirring until thoroughly combined. Use hands as necessary to make sure oats are fully coated. Spread onto prepared sheet and press flat.
- Bake for 15 minutes then remove pan from oven to flip. Using large flat spatula, carefully flip the granola. Do not stir or you’ll lose the chunks! Press the granola back down into the pan and continue baking granola for another 10 minutes, until slightly golden, then remove from oven and allow granola to cool on pan. The granola crisps as it cools. Then you can break into clusters.
Make the Strawberry Chia Seed Jam:
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, add hulled strawberries and cook down for about 5 minutes, or until the natural juices release and mixture starts to bubble slightly. Mash with potato masher or wooden spoon into desired consistency. Then stir in lemon juice and chia seeds. Remove pan from heat to cool and transfer to jar. Jam will thicken as it cools. Jar can be stored in fridge up to 1 week.
Assemble the PB & J parfaits:
- Line up six 7-8oz jars (I used these weck jars). To layer parfaits add about 3 tablespoons of yogurt, then 2 tablespoons chia seed jam and layer of granola. Repeat this process until jar is full – drizzle with peanut butter before closing jar (if you’d like!).
- Alternatively, you could also put all of the yogurt at the bottom of the jar, a thin layer of peanut butter, strawberry chia seed jam next, then top with granola.
- Seal jars tightly and store in fridge until ready to use. Best enjoyed within 1-3 days.
Use your choice of yogurt for a dairy-free / vegan option.
Chia seed jam adapted from Gimme Some Oven.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 355
- Sugar: 22
- Sodium: 94
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 58
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 12
- Cholesterol: 3