- 2 1/4 cups non-dairy milk (I used cashew)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1–2 TBS maple syrup, honey or 2 Medjool dates* (or date paste)
- 2 tsp maca powder or reishi powder**
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp ghee or coconut oil
- 2 servings collagen peptides
- Heat milk in medium saucepan over medium-high heat until simmering.
- Add in cacao or cocoa powder and sweetener of choice; whisk until smooth.
- Add in maca or reishi powder, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric and pinch of cayenne. Whisk continuously while mixture is simmering, about 2 minutes.
- Add in optional add-ins of ghee, coconut oil and/or collagen peptides. You can divide mixture here depending on personal preference.
- Pour spicy superfood hot chocolate into two mugs, enjoy!
*Use 2 Medjool dates per 2 servings if you’d like a Whole30 option. Pure maple syrup, honey, agave, coconut sugar or even a stevia sweetener would work depending on personal preference.
**You may leave out the adaptogens of you’d like, but if you’re interested in adding them into your diet this is a fun way to enjoy them!
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 195
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 145mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 0mg