Quick and easy Paleo Spiced Almond Butter Cookies. Just four main ingredients plus your spices to make these chewy, flavorful cookies! And no flour involved.
- 3/4 cup natural almond butter (I used thick homemade, not super drippy)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 TBS molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
spiced sugar coating:
- In a medium-large bowl use sturdy whisk to combine almond butter, coconut sugar, spices, baking soda, egg, molasses and vanilla.
- Once ingredients are well combined–dough will be thick and sticky- use spatula to scrape down sides of bowl and form dough into large ball. Cover dough with plastic wrap and pop bowl into freezer for 15 minutes to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large light colored baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Make spiced sugar coating: in a small bowl combine sugar and spices. Set aside.
- Remove bowl from freezer once dough has chilled. Scoop a slightly rounded tablespoon ( or 1/2 tablespoon) of dough and roll into ball between the palms of your hands, then roll into spiced sugar to coat. Place on baking sheet, repeat the rolling/coating process, leaving about 3 inches apart (cookies will spread).
- Bake cookies for 6-9 minutes, watching closely. Make sure your oven rack is set in the middle so bottoms don’t burn. My cookies were done at about 7 minutes. 9 minutes will likely result in a crispier cookie. If making smaller cookies, watch cookies after 6 minutes. Cookies will look soft when taking out of oven but will set upon cooling. Transfer cookies to wire rack after 1 minute to cool completely.
Store cookies in container or jar at room temperature, best enjoyed within 5-6 days.
— Nutrition approximate, based on 18 cookies.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 95
- Sugar: 7
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
Keywords: Paleo Spiced Almond Butter Cookies