Get those slow cookers out for these Thai Red Curry Turkey Meatballs! Paleo and Whole30 compliant recipe.
for the meatballs:
- 2lbs 94% lean ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup almond flour (meal should also work)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 TBS red Thai curry paste
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
for the sauce:
- 14oz can lite coconut milk (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cashew milk (or non dairy milk of choice)
- 2/3 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (or tamari, soy sauce if not paleo)
- 3 TBS red Thai curry paste
- 3 large Medjool dates, pitted (or 3 TBS honey or molasses)
- 2 TBS finely chopped fresh ginger, or 1 TBS ginger paste
- 2 TBS minced garlic
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp fish sauce (optional but adds flavor)
- 1/2 tsp salt, to taste
- make the meatballs: In large bowl add all ingredients for turkey meatballs. Uses large spoon to combine, then use hands as needed. Scoop mixture using medium cookie scoop, or about golf ball size and place on baking sheet. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and brown meatballs in batches as needed, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer browned meatballs to crockpot
- make the sauce: in a small food processor or blender add all ingredients for sauce (make sure canned coconut milk is in it’s liquid state – run under hot water if needed). Blend until smooth; taste test and add more salt or a touch more sweetness if desired.
- Pour sauce into crockpot with browned meatballs; cook on high for 2 hours or on low for about 4 hours. Check doneness with meat thermometer if desired (165ºF).
- Serve Thai Red Curry Turkey Meatballs with zuchhini noodles, sweet potato noodles spaghetti squash, cauli rice or greens for a paleo/Whole30 compliant meal. OR enjoy with rice, quinoa, etc.
- Category: dinner
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Thai red curry turkey meatballs, slow cooker turkey meatballs