- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch fine sea salt
- 1.5 oz dairy-free dark chocolate (about 1/4 cup chips)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut sugar (or granulated sugar choice)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free mini chocolate chips, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 6″ cast iron skillet with butter or oil; set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking soda, and pinch of salt; set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl on half power, melt together the 1.5 ounces of dark chocolate with coconut oil. Use 2-30 second increments, stirring in between until chocolate is fully melted. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then whisk in coconut sugar and room temperature egg.
- Pour chocolate mixture into bowl of dry ingredients. Use spatula or spoon to gently combine. Batter will be thick and fudgy.
- Transfer batter to greased mini skillet, top with additional mini chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Brownie will be done when cracks appear. It is better to under-bake these kinds of skillet desserts! Don’t over-bake.
- Allow brownie skillet to cool for 10 minutes. Then serve with favorite ice cream–enjoy!
If you’d like to sub the coconut flour, you can probably use 1/4 cup almond flour. I haven’t tried this myself but it should turn out okay. This is a fudgy brownie recipe you want to enjoy warm and with spoons.
- Serving Size: 1/2
- Calories: 311
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 278mg
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 93mg