for the brownies
- 6 TBS coconut oil*
- 8 oz quality dark chocolate 60% (1 1/2 cups dairy-free chips, or 2 4oz quality bars, chopped)
- 1 TBS water
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar**
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
mint matcha frosting
- Preheat oven to 300F, line a 9×9 or 8×8 square pan with parchment paper, or greased foil, allowing overhang on edges of pan. Set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt coconut oil and the dark chocolate together, stirring constantly until fully combined. Remove from heat, stir in cacao powder and salt until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl using whisk or electric mixer, beat together sugar and eggs one at a time, until smooth, about 3 minutes. Then stir in vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in half of the egg mixture into the pan of melted chocolate until combined, then add in the last half of the egg mixture stirring until fully combined and mixture is smooth.
- Pour brownie batter to prepared square pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes until edges have slightly risen. Middle may appear underdone, but everything will set and fall upon cooling. The key is to not over-bake them!
- Allow brownies to cool in pan completely, then cover and refrigerate 2 hours (or overnight).
- Before you’re ready to serve the brownies, prepare the frosting: in a medium bowl using electric mixer (or whisk attachment in stand mixer) whip together coconut cream, collagen peptides, matcha powder, peppermint extract, and honey until smooth. Remove brownies from refrigerator, spread on frosting using spatula, covering brownies evenly. Carefully lift brownies from pan, placing on cutting board. Using a large, sharp knife gently cut into 20 squares. TIP: for clean edges on all sides, wipe knife with paper towel in between each cut.
- Place brownies on serving tray, enjoy!
*may sub with butter or ghee
**dry sweetener of choice may be subbed
Store leftover frosted brownies in fridge, about 3-5 days (if they last that long…)
- Serving Size: 1/20th
- Calories: 157
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 81
- Fat: 11
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 37mg