- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed, grated zucchini, water squeezed out (about 2 small zucchini)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 3 TBSP mini dark chocolate chips (for top of loaf, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a 8×4 medium loaf pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In medium bowl add almond flour, cocoa powder, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl whisk together eggs, oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Pour dry ingredients into large bowl of wet ingredients and begin to stir. As batter begins to moisten, add in shredded zucchini (make sure water has been squeezed out!) and chocolate chips. Batter should be thick and wet but spreadable. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, top with additional chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake chocolate bread for 25 minutes uncovered, then add foil and continue baking for another 15-20 minutes. Be sure to check the bread after baking for 40 minutes total – the edges may darken but the bread will be ready when inserted toothpick comes out with no wet batter. The middle may fall slightly, this is okay! The bread still tastes delicious.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for 15 minutes before lifting from the parchment paper to remove bread. Slice into about 1″ thick slices. Enjoy!