- 1 cup almond flour (114g)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (40g)
- 2 TBS tapioca flour/starch*
- 1 TBS ground cinnamon (you could even do a little more if you love cinnamon!)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a medium loaf pan (8×4) with parchment paper, allowing overhang, or grease well. Set aside. Make sure you have shredded your zucchini and squeezed out all of the extra water between a cheesecloth or paper towel. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, ground cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine banana puree (or applesauce) with coconut sugar until combined. Add in oil and vanilla extract until combined. Add in eggs, one at a time, whisking until smooth. Stir in apple cider vinegar.
- Add dry ingredients into large bowl of wet ingredients, stirring with large spatula until just combined. Gently fold in shredded zucchini. Batter will be thick and moist.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan, spreading evenly. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until edges are browned and the middle is set. Check with an inserted toothpick for doneness. If zucchini bread is browning too much on edges, cover with tin foil for the last 10-15 minutes of baking. My zucchini bread took around 45 minutes.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for 20 minutes before carefully removing from pan and placing on a cooling rack to cool completely – about 30 minutes. Gently slice bread into desired sized pieces. Enjoy!
*The recipe can be made without tapioca flour/starch, but you will get the best texture if add it. One reader used 4TBS arrowroot to replace the tapioca.
**I tested both a mashed banana and applesauce. Either will work, but I preferred the texture of the banana best. I couldn’t really taste it either with the amount of cinnamon.
- Serving Size: 1/10th
- Calories: 110
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 272mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 56mg