- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 TBS coconut sugar*
- 3 TBS nut or seed butter of choice (I used cashew)
- 1 TBS non-dairy milk of choice (or a non-dairy coffee creamer)
- 2 TBS dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- 4oz dairy-free chocolate, chopped (equal to 2/3 cup chips)
- 1/2 TBSP coconut oil
- Make the dough: In medium bowl whisk together almond flour and coconut sugar. Add in nut or seed butter (make sure it’s well stirred prior to adding) using spoon to stir. Add in milk, using hands to mix together as necessary, then add in chocolate chips. Mixture should be easy to roll and not crumbly.
- Scoop into balls: Using 1/2 rounded tablespoon, scoop cookie dough into little balls – you should get about 12.
- Freeze: Place balls on small cookie sheet lined with parchment paper; place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate: During the last few minutes while the cookie dough is chilling, prepare the chocolate coating. In a small microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips with coconut oil in 20 second increments, stirring in between until fully melted. Alternatively you could also melt in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, or if your toaster oven has a “warm” function that will also work. No matter which method you choose, be careful not to burn.
- Dip cookie dough balls: Remove tray with cookie dough from freezer; use a spoon to dip the cookie dough balls into the chocolate, setting back onto parchment paper. The chocolate should set rather quickly with the cold cookie dough. Pop back in fridge to speed up process if desired.
- Store cookie dough truffles in covered container in fridge. Enjoy!
*You can also sub another dry granulated sweetener if you’d like. If looking to sub with honey or maple syrup, you may need to change dry ingredient ratio.
Feel free to double the recipe for more bites and store half in the freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 21mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 3mg