- 1 3/4 cups blanched almond flour (weighed 185g)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup oil (olive, avocado, melted/cooled coconut)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 TBSP non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a 8×4 medium loaf pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In medium bowl add almond flour, cocoa powder, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl whisk together eggs, oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Pour dry ingredients into large bowl of wet ingredients, using spatula to stir a few times. Then add in the chocolate chips and the 2 tablespoons of milk, stirring to fully combined. Batter should be thick and wet but spreadable into pan. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake chocolate bread for 20 minutes uncovered, then add foil and continue baking for another 10-20 minutes. Be sure to check the bread after baking for 30 minutes total – the edges may darken but the bread will be ready when inserted toothpick comes out with no wet batter. The middle may fall slightly, this is okay! The bread still tastes delicious.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for 15 minutes before lifting from the parchment paper to remove bread. Slice into about 1″ thick slices. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/10
- Calories: 268
- Sugar: 12g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 56mg