Paleo Chocolate Bread made with almond flour (no coconut!) and a simple list of ingredients. This bread is moist, almost cake-like in texture, grain free, gluten free and dairy free.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a 8×4 medium loaf pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In medium bowl add almond flour, cocoa powder, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl whisk together eggs, oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Pour dry ingredients into large bowl of wet ingredients, using spatula to stir and add the 2 tablespoons of milk or creamer to fully combined. Batter should be thick and wet but spreadable into pan. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake chocolate bread for 20 minutes uncovered, then add foil and continue baking for another 10-20 minutes. Be sure to check the bread after baking for 30 minutes total – the edges may darken but the bread will be ready when inserted toothpick comes out with no wet batter. The middle may fall slightly, this is okay! The bread still tastes delicious.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for 15 minutes before lifting from the parchment paper to remove bread. Slice into about 1″ thick slices. Enjoy!
- Category: quick breads
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: paleo bread recipes, almond flour bread recipe, paleo chocolate cake