This Paleo Chai Spiced Apple Skillet Cookie is the perfect dessert for two. Loaded with soft apples, seasoned with cinnamon and chai spices, baked in a mini cast iron skillet and topped with your choice of ice cream. It is the perfect fall dessert!
- 3 TBS nut or seed butter (I used cashew butter)
- 2 TBS oil (ex: avocado, or melted & cooled coconut)
- 3 TBS coconut sugar (or dry sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp all spice
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 TBS non-dairy milk (I used coffee creamer)
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped, divided
for the topping:
- 1/2 TBS oil
- 1/2 TBS coconut sugar
- ice cream of choice
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a mini 6″ cast iron skillet with butter or oil, set aside.
- In a medium bowl using fork or whisk, combine almond butter, oil and sugar. Add in egg yolk and vanilla extract stirring until evenly combined.
- Toss in almond flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Stir together until almost combined, then add 1 TBS milk for dough to fully come together. Fold in 1/2 of the diced apples.
- Transfer cookie dough into grease skillet. Bake for 14-18 minutes, until edges are slightly browned and have risen.
- While the cookie skillet is baking, make the apple topping: transfer the remaining apples to small skillet with oil, sugar, and dashes of chai spices. Cook over low-medium heat until soft, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat once apples are soft.
- Allow skillet cookie to cool for 5-10 minutes, before topping with warmed apples and favorite ice cream or coconut cream. Enjoy!
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American