for the crust
- 6 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup mixed nuts (I used cashews and almond)
for the fudge
- 1 cup quartered strawberries, room temperature (cut, then measured)
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries, room temperature
- 1/3 cup coconut butter, liquid state
- 3 TBS cashew butter (make sure it’s raw or lightly roasted to keep color of fudge more pink)
- 3 TBS raw honey
- 2 TBS coconut oil , melted/cooled
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBS coconut flour
- 3 servings (60g) collagen peptides1 (adds the protein boost but can omit if vegan)
Line a 5×7 loaf pan with parchment paper or use silicone loaf pan; set aside.
Make sure coconut butter and coconut oil is in its liquid state and strawberries are room temperature.
make the crust:
- Add pitted Medjool dates and nuts to bowl of food processor. Pulse until the dates and nuts have broken down – you should be able to see small pieces of nuts but mixture should be sticky and hold together if pressed.
- Transfer mixture to loaf pan and press evenly into all four corners. Tip: I like to use a pastry roller.
- Wipe out bowl of food processor.
Make the strawberry fudge:
- Add 1 cup quartered strawberries (not the diced) to food processor bowl. Process until completely smooth.
- Add in coconut butter, cashew butter, coconut oil and vanilla extract; process until smooth.
- Add coconut flour and collagen peptides (if using); process again until smooth.
- Remove blade from food processor bowl and fold in diced strawberries.
- Transfer fudge mixture to pan, spreading smooth on top of crust. Option to top with thinly sliced strawberries.
- Place pan in freezer and allow fudge to set for about 2 hours. Remove from pan and place on cutting mat; use large sharp knife to cut into 12 squares. Store fudge in freezer, then it can be kept in fridge before ready to enjoy.
1 collagen peptides adds a pure protein boost. Adding whey or plant based could work, but it may change structure of fudge, especially plant based as those proteins tend to absorb more liquid. Star with 1 serving of protein powder at a time.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 14
- Sodium: 18
- Fat: 13
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 0