Strawberry Freezer Fudge! Made with fresh strawberries, cashew and coconut butter, some collagen peptides for a protein boost and a date-nut base. Paleo, vegan-friendly and a great workout treat.
for the crust
- 6 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup mixed nuts (I used cashews and almond)
for the fudge
- 1 cup quartered strawberries, room temperature (cut, then measured)
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries, room temperature
- 1/3 cup coconut butter, liquid state
- 3 TBS cashew butter (make sure it’s raw or lightly roasted to keep color of fudge more pink)
- 3 TBS raw honey
- 2 TBS coconut oil , melted/cooled
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBS coconut flour
- 3 servings (60g) collagen peptides1 (adds the protein boost but can omit if vegan)
Make sure coconut butter and coconut oil is in its liquid state and strawberries are room temperature.
make the crust:
- Add pitted Medjool dates and nuts to bowl of food processor. Pulse until the dates and nuts have broken down – you should be able to see small pieces of nuts but mixture should be sticky and hold together if pressed.
- Transfer mixture to loaf pan and press evenly into all four corners. Tip: I like to use a pastry roller.
- Wipe out bowl of food processor.
Make the strawberry fudge:
- Add 1 cup quartered strawberries (not the diced) to food processor bowl. Process until completely smooth.
- Add in coconut butter, cashew butter, coconut oil and vanilla extract; process until smooth.
- Add coconut flour and collagen peptides (if using); process again until smooth.
- Remove blade from food processor bowl and fold in diced strawberries.
- Transfer fudge mixture to pan, spreading smooth on top of crust. Option to top with thinly sliced strawberries.
- Place pan in freezer and allow fudge to set for about 2 hours. Remove from pan and place on cutting mat; use large sharp knife to cut into 12 squares. Store fudge in freezer, then it can be kept in fridge before ready to enjoy.
1 collagen peptides adds a pure protein boost. Adding whey or plant based could work, but it may change structure of fudge, especially plant based as those proteins tend to absorb more liquid. Star with 1 serving of protein powder at a time.
- Category: snack
- Method: freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Paleo Cashew Coconut Butter Strawberry Freezer Fudge with protein, freezer fudge, healthy fudge recipe