- 1/2 cup creamy nut/seed butter (preferably no oils or sugars added. I use homemade)
- 1 large egg
- 2 TBS oil (avocado, liquid coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar* (can leave out if looking to avoid added sugars)
- 3 TBS unsweetened applesauce (may sub mashed banana)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 2 TBS coconut flour
- 1/2 TBS ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, optional
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger, optional
- 3 servings, 36g, Vital Proteins collagen peptides** (any will work)
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots (about 2 long carrots)
- In large bowl add creamy cashew butter, egg, oil, applesauce, coconut sugar if using, and vanilla extract. Whisk together or use electric hand mixer to combine.
- Add in almond meal, coconut flour, collagen peptides, crushed walnuts, shredded coconut and stir with spatula until evenly combined. Gently fold in shredded carrots. Transfer bowl to fridge for 30 minutes to chill–dough will be easier to handle. Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat. Set aside.
- Once dough has chilled, use round tablespoon or medium cookie scoop to drop dough onto baking sheet, making sure to leave about 2″ apart. Gently flatten cookie dough and shape into circle, cookies should be about 2″ wide.
- Bake cookies for 8-12 minutes at 350F, until slightly golden. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. Cookies will be soft with slightly crisp outer edges. Enjoy!
*See notes in post for coconut sugar. If trying avoid added sugars, you can make this recipe without.
**Any collagen peptides will work in this recipe, just stick with using 36g. You can also leave out the collagen peptides if you prefer. If you try this, let me know how it goes!
-Store cookies in airtight container at room temperature up to 3-4 days. Store covered in fridge up to 5-7 days.
- Serving Size: 1/14
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 5
- Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 6