Simple Paleo Banana Muffins using almond flour, nut butter, bananas and an egg. Easy, one bowl with no oil and no added sugars! Kid-friendly and parent-approved.
- 1/3 cup + 1 TBS natural nut/seed butter (I used homemade cashew)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 small extra ripe bananas1, mashed very well (3/4 cup total)
- 1 cup almond flour2, 110g
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup paleo granola for crumble topping
- 9 slices of banana for topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease muffin pan with oil, or use silicone muffin pan.
- In a large bowl add nut/seed butter, egg and vanilla. Use hand mixer to combine, or whisk together vigorously. Add in mashed banana (mine was more like a puree) and combine until smooth.
- Add in almond flour and evenly sprinkle on baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, and salt. Use large spatula to gently combine until no lumps are present in batter. Gently fold in your mix-ins if using. Muffin batter should have a medium thickness, but not too heavy.
- Evenly distribue batter into 9 muffin cups, about 2/3 of the way full. Top muffin batter with extra mix-ins if using.
- Bake muffins for 12-18 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Muffins will rise and cracks should appear when done. Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
1I used frozen bananas that were extra ripe, and mashed down to almost puree consistency.
2This recipe was only tested with almond flour, not almond meal. So I can’t recommend substitutes. You may try using almond meal, but the consistency of the muffins may change. I do not recommend subbing with coconut flour or any other flour unless you’re comfortable making those substitutions and have experience baking with other types of flours.
Store muffins in container at room temperature 2-3 days. Or store in fridge 3-5 days. Muffins will be moist.
- Serving Size: 1/9
- Calories: 213
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 240mg
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
Keywords: banana muffins, paleo muffins, almond flour muffins