- 2 cups blanched almond flour (180g weighed)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup ghee or oil, melted (avocado, coconut, macadamia nut oil)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 TBS freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 medium lemon)
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (or vanilla)
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract (optional but boosts flavor)
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 TBS sliced almonds for topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a 8×4 medium loaf pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In medium bowl add almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt and zest from 1 lemon; set aside.
- In large bowl whisk together eggs, oil, honey, lemon juice, and extracts.
- Pour dry ingredients into large bowl of wet ingredients, using spatula to stir. Then fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan – I like to make sure not all of the blueberries are sitting on the bottom of the pan so give the batter a gentle stir in the pan. Top the batter with sliced almonds if desired.
- Bake lemon blueberry bread for 20 minutes uncovered, then add foil for the last 15-20 minutes of baking to prevent the top from browning too quickly. My bread took 43 minutes but check the middle for done-ness with toothpick after 35 just to be sure.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for 15 minutes before lifting from the parchment paper to remove bread. Slice into 10 slices and ENJOY!
I do not recommend substitutions here as grain-free baking can be tricky. See notes in blog post. Store bread in covered container at room temperature up to 2 days, or in fridge 4-5 days. This bread is very moist so just keep an eye on it!
- Serving Size: 1/10
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 238mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 56mg