- 2 cups blanched almond flour (180g weighed)
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup ghee or oil, melted (avocado, coconut, macadamia nut oil)
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 3 TBS freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 medium lemon)
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (or vanilla)
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract (optional but boosts flavor)
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 TBS sliced almonds for topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a 8×4 medium loaf pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In medium bowl add almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt and zest from 1 lemon; set aside.
- In large bowl whisk together eggs, oil, honey, lemon juice, and extracts.
- Pour dry ingredients into large bowl of wet ingredients, using spatula to stir. Then fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan – I like to make sure not all of the blueberries are sitting on the bottom of the pan so give the batter a gentle stir in the pan. Top the batter with sliced almonds if desired.
- Bake lemon blueberry bread for 20 minutes uncovered, then add foil for the last 15-20 minutes of baking to prevent the top from browning too quickly. My bread took 43 minutes but check the middle for done-ness with toothpick after 35 just to be sure.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for 15 minutes before lifting from the parchment paper to remove bread. Slice into 10 slices and ENJOY!
I do not recommend substitutions here as grain-free baking can be tricky. See notes in blog post for more details.
Some readers have had success subbing 2.5 tablespoons of coconut flour for tapioca flour. You can also use 1/3 cup of cassava flour or a 1:1 all-purpose gluten free baking flour with similar results.
Store bread in covered container at room temperature 2-3 days, or in fridge about 4 days. This bread is moist so just keep an eye on it.
- Serving Size: 1/10
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 238mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 56mg