- 1 ¼ cups oat flour (see notes)
- ¾ cup quick oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup light olive oil (or avocado, melted/cooled coconut oil)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini, water squeezed out and lightly packed
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray mini muffin pan with oil, or use liners; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add oat flour, quick oats, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt; set aside
- In a large bowl whisk together maple syrup, olive oil, egg, egg white and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to large bowl of wet ingredients; stir a few times then fold in zucchini and continue to stir until combined.
- Evenly distribute batter into 24 mini muffin pan, filling just about to the top. Bake for 12-15 minutes – or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5-10 minutes before carefully removing. If using oil and no liners, try gently lifting edges with toothpick.
TO MAKE OAT FLOUR: Measure out 1 1/4 cups + 2 tablespoons quick oats and pulse into flour consistency.
These have not been vegan tested, but would love to hear if you try. I’d recommend using 1 1/2 TBSP flaxseed meal + 1/4 cup water; let sit for 5-10 minutes before incorporating.
- Serving Size: 1 mini muffin
- Calories: 78
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 7mg