- 2 tsp flaxseed meal + 1 TBS water, sit for 3 minutes
- 2 TBS coconut sugar
- 1 TBS natural nut or seed butter
- 1 TBS oil (avocado, liquid coconut, sunflower)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 1/2 TBS gluten-free all-purpose flour* (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 TBS mini chocolate chips
- 1 chocolate caramel square
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a small baking sheet with a cut piece of parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small bowl combine flaxseed + water, set aside for 2-3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl whisk together coconut sugar, nut or seed butter, oil and vanilla until well combined. Add in flaxseed mixture once that has set, stir until evenly combined.
- Add rolled oats, flour, baking soda, and dash of salt. Use spoon or spatula to combine, then gently fold in chocolate chips. Dough will be slightly sticky, shape into thick circle and place on lined baking sheet. Break apart caramel square and gently press caramel pieces into top of shaped dough.
- Bake cookie for 12-15 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. Allow cookie to cool on baking sheet for preferably 10-15 minutes, to allow the dough to set and make sure the cookie holds its shape.
- Now after you’ve waited so patiently, enjoy!
*all-purpose flour or whole wheat white flour may be subbed if not gluten-free
The cookie base itself is vegan-friendly, so feel free to use your favorite vegan/dairy-free chocolate chips if you’d like!
Nutrition info approximately based on 2 (large) servings.
- Serving Size: 1/2
- Calories: 473
- Sugar: 21g
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 10g