- Place pitted dates in food processor, or strong blender, and process until dates are broken down into paste.
- Add remaining dry ingredients, and process until all seeds are broken down and mixture forms into dough-like consistency, about 1-2 minutes.
Scrape down sides as necessary.
- Form mixture into ball and let sit in fridge for 30 minutes to firm.
- After 30 minutes, use a rounded tablespoon for measuring dough and roll into balls.
You should get roughly 16 balls.
- Place balls on lined cookie sheet and let firm again in freezer.
- Store balls in container in freezer. Energy balls should keep fresh for 3 months.
*These energy balls are naturally sweetened with dates, and account for most of the sugar and carb count
*The fat content coming from the seeds are ALL healthy fats
*You may sub cacao with unsweetened cocoa powder
*You may sub pink salt for kosher salt
*Total time accounts for fridge time
Recipe slightly adapted from Oh She Glows
- Serving Size: 1 Ball
- Calories: 85
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 23mg
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg