No-Bake Chocolate Maca Protein Cookies with a maca glaze! A lower-carb protein snack with healthy fats that is super quick and easy to make. Vegan and gluten-free.
- 3/4 cup plant protein powder protein powder (I used MRM Veggie Vanilla)
- 3 TBS almond meal (or flour)
- 2 TBS cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa)
- 2 TBS maca powder*
- 1/2 cup natural nut or seed butter, preferably little to no oil/sugar added (I used a blend of cashew and almond butter)
- 3 TBS brown rice syrup (or honey if not strictly vegan)
- 1 TBS extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 3–4 TBS unsweetened non-dairy milk*
- maca glaze:
- 1 TBS maca powder*
- 1 TBS coconut butter
- In a large bowl, combine protein powder, almond meal, cacao powder, and maca powder. Stir until well mixed and set aside.
- Add in nut or seed butter, brown rice syrup, and melted coconut oil. Stir gently until well combined.
- Add one tablespoon of milk at a time, until mixture forms into crumbled dough texture. Dough should be moist, but slightly crumbly.
- Divide dough into 8 even pieces, about golf ball size, rolling into circle and shaping into flat cookie shape. Place on lined baking sheet, set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together maca and coconut butter until well combined. Use spoon to drizzle maca coconut butter topping over cookies. Place baking sheet in freezer for 15 minutes, or fridge for 30 minutes and allow cookies and melted chocolate to set.
- Store cookies in airtight container in fridge up to 2 weeks, and in freezer well wrapped for up to 3 months. Enjoy!
*Make sure to add milk only 1 TBS at a time, stirring in between. All protein powders are different and will absorb liquid differently.
*Read this article as to why gelatinized maca powder may be more suitable for you.
–This recipe is adapted from my Chocolate Cherry Protein Cookies, but can be easily made into bars or balls instead of cookie shape.
- Category: snacks
- Method: no-bake