- 1 TBS oil (avocado, coconut, etc.)
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 lb asparagus, cut in half (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk or canned coconut milk*
- 1 cup shredded potato, water squeezed out (about 2 medium–russet, red, or sweet all work)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large heirloom tomato, thinly sliced into 1/4″ (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9″ pie dish with butter or oil. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add oil, diced onion, asparagus, and sliced mushrooms. Saute for 4-5 minutes over medium heat. Remove from burner and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs with the milk, then gently fold in the shredded potato (don’t forget to squeeze out excess liquid!) and add in the seasonings plus salt and pepper.
- Pour egg and potato mixture into greased pie dish. Gently transfer sauteed veggies into dish, evenly distributing. Top with sliced tomato if using.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until center of dish is set. Allow dish to cool for 10 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
*may sub half-n-half or milk of choice if not dairy-free
- Serving Size: 1/8th
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 102mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 140mg