- 12 chocolate cream sandwich cookies*
- 1 1/2 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 TBSP instant coffee
- 12oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature (full-fat or reduced)
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (nonfat or 2%:), room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sweetener of choice (cane, light brown, etc.)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 large egg white*, room temperature
Make sure cream cheese, yogurt and eggs have all been set out at room temperature prior to making the filling.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF and line muffin tin with paper liners or silicone liners. Set aside.
- make the crust: Place melted butter in medium bowl. Using Bullet or small food processor, process cookies into crumbs – you should get about 1 cup. Transfer to bowl with butter and mix with fork until combined. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of crumb mixture into bottom of lined muffin tin, pressing down with back of spoon. Poke three holes with toothpick. Bake for 8 minutes. Upon taking out of the oven, immediately press crust back down until flat. Let cool completely. Turn oven up to 350ºF.
- Make the cheesecake filling: In a small pot over low-medium heat, melt chocolate chips, milk and instant coffee together until combined and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside. In a large bowl using electric mixer, beat together softened cream cheese until smooth. Add yogurt and sugar, mixing on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add in cooled, melted chocolate mixture until combined. Add egg and egg white, mixing until just combined – be careful not to overmix. Using medium cookie scoop, disperse batter evenly into 12 cups, filling about 3/4 way full.
- Bake the mini cheesecakes about 14-16 minutes, until the edges have set and middle only slightly jiggling. If the cheesecakes have cracked they’re definitely done. Watch after 12 minutes.
- Allow cheesecakes to cool in pan for about 20 minutes before transferring to fridge to chill for 2 hours.
- Make the ganache: Once the cheesecakes have chilled for at least 1 hour, you can add the ganache topping. In a small pot over low-medium heat combine heavy cream (or coconut milk) with chocolate chips, stirring until melted. Add about 1/2 tablespoon to top of chilled cheesecake then place back in fridge to chill and set the ganache for another hour. (2 hours total for chilling cheesecake.) Add whipped topping and chocolate shavings if desired. Enjoy!
*You can also use gluten-free chocolate graham crackers, or a chocolate grain-free cookie. You’ll also need to use 2 TBSP melted butter to mix. Make sure once the cookies have been processed you have about 3/4- 1 cup crumbs – each muffin tin cavity gets about 1 tbsp crumbs pressed into bottom.
**You can also use 2 whole large eggs. You can probably get away with 1 large egg as well, though I did not test that way.
I used this whipped mascarpone frosting (cut in half and no added sugar).
Nutrition info approximate, calculated with reduced fat cream cheese. Does not include ganache or whipped topping.
- Serving Size: 1 mini cheesecake
- Calories: 172
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 105
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 45