Bolognese! You must make this Meatless Cauliflower Walnut Bolognese with Zucchini Pasta for your next plant-based meal. We’re replacing the meat with walnuts in this case and the result is epic. This meal is gluten-free, vegan-friendly and paleo-friendly!
- 1/2 medium-large head cauliflower, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 cup grated or finely shredded carrots (I used about 3 medium carrots and food processor shredded)
- 24oz favorite marinara sauce (I used tomato & basil)
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan or 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and grease large baking sheet or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- Place chopped cauliflower, walnuts, spices, salt and pepper in bowl offood processor; pulse until cauliflower and walnuts have broken down into small pieces. Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, giving the mixture a stir halfway through baking time. Remove from oven once finished and let cool on sheet. *Option to reserve half cup for cheese topping*
- Meanwhile, in large skillet pan over medium heat add oil, diced onion and garlic; cook while stirring frequently until onions are translucent and garlic fragrant. Add shredded carrots and cook for 3-4 minutes before adding in marinara sauce; turn heat down low and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering spiralize the zucchini; cut ends off flat and spiralize into noodles. I use the Inspiralizer. You can also use vegetable peeler to create ribbons. Distribute zucchini pasta noodles into bowls.
- Transfer walnut-cauliflower mixture into simmering sauce (reserving 1/2 cup if desired) stirring gently to coat.
- In food processor or small blender, pulse together parmesan or nutritional yeast with the reserved 1/2 cup cauliflower walnut mixture.
- Serve walnut-cauliflower bolognese over zucchini pasta noodles, topping with parmesan cauliflower walnut, and garnishing with fresh walnut and basil if desired. Enjoy!
- Category: entree
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Plant Based
Keywords: gluten free bolognese, walnut meat, light dinners