An easy, make-ahead breakfast, these Matcha Overnight Oats are a meal that will keep you full for hours.
- 1/3 cup + 1 TBSP steel cut oats* (gluten-free if needed)
- 2 TBS chia seeds
- 28g plant based vanilla protein powder
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 1/3 cup TBS yogurt (plant based or Greek)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- In a 16oz jar (or larger), combine all of your ingredients from steel cut oats to milk, and stir well until thoroughly mixed. You can also seal jar and shake.
- You can divide oats into two 8oz jars, or keep in one large jar. Allow matcha oats to thicken overnight, or at least 4 hours, until liquid is absorbed. Check for desired thickness in the morning – stir in a couple tablespoons of more milk if desired.
- Add your toppings like blueberries, crunchy granola, nut butter, etc. and enjoy straight from the jar.
Protein powder: You may need a few more tablespoons of liquid depending on protein powder used. Simply check your overnight oats in the morning or after 4 hours and if the mixture is very thick, stir in 2-3 more tablespoons of milk.
There is no added sugar in this recipe, because the protein powder I typically use is sweetened. If you’re looking for a little sweeter flavor, I suggest raw honey or pure maple syrup if strictly vegan.
Cook time refers to overnight fridge time.
Overnight oats can be prepped ahead of time up to 3 days.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Mason Jar
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Matcha Overnight Oats, steel cut overnight oats, matcha recipes