- 1/3 cup + 1 TBSP steel cut oats* (gluten-free if needed)
- 2 TBS chia seeds
- 28g plant based vanilla protein powder
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 1/3 cup TBS yogurt (plant based or Greek)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- In a 16oz jar (or larger), combine all of your ingredients from steel cut oats to milk, and stir well until thoroughly mixed. You can also seal jar and shake.
- You can divide oats into two 8oz jars, or keep in one large jar. Allow matcha oats to thicken overnight, or at least 4 hours, until liquid is absorbed. Check for desired thickness in the morning – stir in a couple tablespoons of more milk if desired.
- Add your toppings like blueberries, crunchy granola, nut butter, etc. and enjoy straight from the jar.
OATS: You may replace steel cut oats with 1/4 of quick or rolled oats, I just enjoy the texture of steel cut better! Protein powder: You may need a few more tablespoons of liquid depending on protein powder used. Simply check your overnight oats in the morning or after 4 hours and if the mixture is very thick, stir in 2-3 more tablespoons of milk. There is no added sugar in this recipe, because the protein powder I typically use is sweetened. If you’re looking for a little sweeter flavor, I suggest raw honey or pure maple syrup if strictly vegan. Cook time refers to overnight fridge time. Overnight oats can be prepped ahead of time up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 271
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 26
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 20
- Cholesterol: 1