Maple Maca Peanut Butter Cups with a homemade chocolate base! These are so easy, just five ingredients, a few simple steps and you have yourself homemade chocolate peanut butter cups! Vegan and gluten-free.
- Line a mini muffin pan with paper liners or use silicone mold; set aside.
- Prepare the filling: Mix the peanut butter, 1 tablespoon maple syrup and maca powder together. Make sure peanut butter is the creamy and drippy kind. If peanut butter seems dry, add 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil.
- Make the chocolate: In small saucepan over low-medium heat melt coconut oil, maple syrup and cocoa powder; whisk continuously until mixture is smooth. Once smooth immediately remove from heat and start dividing it into the cups. If you let it sit too long it will seize up.
- Assemble the cups: Use a teaspoon to distribute chocolate into 14 mni cup liners. Then with clean teaspoon, scoop maca peanut butter into chocolate cups. Top with remaining chocolate.
- Place pan in freezer for about 20 minutes, until chocolate has set. Store cups in freezer or fridge until ready to enjoy.
Keywords: homemade chocolate, healthy peanut butter cups, desserts with maca