- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 10 pitted medjool dates (about 1 cup)
- 5oz dried unsweetened mango (about 1 cup)
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped (optional)
- 3 scoops (75g) Vanilla & Coconut Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1–2 TBS water
- hemp hearts
- unsweetened desiccated coconut (finely shredded)
- Preheat oven to 325F and place raw cashews on baking sheet. Toast cashews for 8-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Allow toasted cashews to cool on pan for 10 minutes. Toasting is optional but it brings out more flavor.
- In a medium sized bowl cover pitted dates and unsweetened mango slices with warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes to soften mango and dates. Then drain.
- In the bowl of your food processor add cooled toasted cashews. Process cashews until they’re in tiny pieces, almost to meal texture. Next add in drained pitted dates and mango slices, process until broken down into chunks.
- Add in vanilla bean and vanilla & coconut collagen peptides, process again until fully mixed. At this point if your mixture is having a hard time coming together, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of water. Try to avoid adding too much water or your mixture will be very sticky.
- Remove S blade from bowl of processor. Using tablespoon, scoop mixture and roll into balls between the palms of your hand. Place on baking sheet and continue this process. You should have about 30 energy balls. You can either roll energy balls in hemp hearts, shredded coconut, or leave as is.
- Store bars in airtight container in fridge up to two weeks, or freezer up to 3 months. Enjoy!
Nutrition approximate, based on 1 out of 30 energy balls.
- Serving Size: 1/30
- Calories: 71
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 6mg
- Fat: 2
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0mg