These Maca Peanut Butter Energy Balls are LOADED with the goods. Peanut butter, oats, maca powder, nuts and sweetened with Medjool dates. Vegan, gluten-free and basically the best snack, ever.
- 1 cup packed Medjool dates, pitted (about 12)
- 1 cup mixed nuts (I used cashews and walnuts)
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
- 3 TBS maca powder
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2–3 TBS water
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
Option to toast nuts beforehand: place nuts on baking sheet and bake at 325ºF for 8-9 minutes. Allow to cool.
If dates are dry, soak in warm water for 5 minutes then drain. Be sure to pit dates.
- In bowl of large food processor add pitted dates, nuts and peanut butter. Process until nuts have broken down into small pieces and mixture is sticky.
- Add in maca powder and oats; process until mixture comes together adding water 1 tablespoon at a time. The mixture may feel somewhat crumbly, but should hold together once formed into balls. Add a little bit of water and continue to process if needed.
- Remove S-blade and fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Using rounded tablespoon, shape mixture into balls – you should get about 24 energy balls.
- Store in airtight container in fridge and enjoy!
- Category: snacks
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1/24
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: maca peanut butter energy balls, energy protein bites, healthy snacks