For the Salad
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast
- 1/2 TBS avocado oil, for cooking chicken
- salt & pepper for chicken
- 8 cups chopped romaine
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage, diced
- 2 orange carrots, shredded (I used vegetable peeler)
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- wonton toppers (optional)
Thai Peanut Dressing
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 3 TBS coconut aminos (soy sauce or tamari)
- 2 TBS honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ginger paste or 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 TBS non-dairy milk or water
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha, (optional – to taste for some heat)
- Prepare the chicken: Heat cast iron skillet or grill pan over medium heat. Once pan is hot, add about 1/2 tablespoon of oil. Trim any extra fat off chicken breast. Season chicken with salt & pepper; cook on one side for 3-4 minutes before flipping to other side and cooking through. Cook until middle is no longer pink or internal temperature is 165ºF. Place on cutting board and slice chicken.
- Prepare the salad: In large bowl add all ingredients for salad, except avocado and wontons. Toss with tongs to mix salad together well.
- Make the dressing: add all ingredients into small blender or food processor. Process until smooth – add milk or water 1 TBS at a time if thinner consistency is desired.
- Portion out salad for desired servings and sliced avocado and wontons if using. Top with grilled chicken and drizzle with Thai peanut dressing. Enjoy!
Store leftover dressing in covered container in fridge up to 1 week.
This salad is great for meal prep! Portion out salad into individual containers for easy packed lunch or dinner salad.
VEGETARIAN SUB: Feel free to sub chicken for tempeh or organic tofu.
- Serving Size: 1/6th with dressing
- Calories: 415
- Sugar: 12
- Sodium: 383
- Fat: 20
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 35
- Cholesterol: 65