Sweet Potato Chips
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced into thin chips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of fine sea salt or kosher salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 oz (30g) aged cheddar, thinly sliced
- 3 cups greens
- 1 cup (200g) black beans or white cannelli beans, cooked and drained (I used canned)
- 1/2 large avocado, sliced
- 1 jalepeño
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- shredded or grated parmesan cheese, optional
- lime or avocado la crema (see notes)
make the sweet potato chips
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line baking sheet with foil or coat with oil; set aside.
- Toss sweet potato slices with oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Arrange sweet potato slices in one layer on baking sheet, topping with the sliced aged cheddar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges of potato slices are crispy. Lindsay also notes you can set the oven to broil for the last few minutes for more crispy chips. Remove and let cool slightly.
make the bowls
- Divide the greens evenly between two bowls, then divide the cooled sweet potato chips and place on greens. Top with black beans, avocado, jalapeno, cilantro, green onion and parmesan if using. I also added some lime juice over top.
- Dig in!
For Avocado La Crema: 1/2 avocado, 1/4 cup paleo mayo, 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil, 1 tbsp lime juice, pinch of garlic powder, 1/2 green onion, 1 tsp chili powder. Combine all ingredients in blender. Drizzle on bowls as desired.
TO MAKE VEGAN: simply omit cheddar cheese slices
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 325
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 251
- Fat: 18
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 9
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 31
- Fiber: 13
- Protein: 13
- Cholesterol: 13