- 2 medium heads cauliflower, cut into about 1.5” florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic (or ½ teaspoon garlic powder)
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 slices bacon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt, Skyr or sour cream, plus more for topping (or 2%)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (for easier clean up, or go without). Place cauliflower florets on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle on spices and add minced garlic. Toss around to evenly coat then bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring at the halfway point. Keep oven on.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in skillet over medium heat until crispy. Add bacon to towel lined plate to soak up excess grease. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat together cream cheese, yogurt and sharp cheddar cheese; set aside.
- Once the cauliflower is done, add half of the cauliflower to a 2.5 or 3 quart casseroled dish. Place dollops of cream cheese mixture on top of cauliflower, reserving some, then add remaining cauliflower and remaining cream cheese mixture and pressing gently in between cauliflower. Bake for about 8 minutes, until cheese is melted and looks creamy.
- Remove dish from oven then top with more cheddar cheese, parmesan, scallions and cooked bacon. Top with more dollops of yogurt if you’d like. Serve warm.