- 1 bunch kale, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 TBSP avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 TBS freshly chopped basil
- 1 TBS freshly chopped mint
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch of salt
- 2 TBS balsamic glaze1, or to taste
- Massage chopped kale with avocado or EVOO between fingers. Transfer to serving bowl or tray and sprinkle on chopped basil; set aside.
- Cut ends off of cucumbers to spiralize – I used blade B on the Inspiralizer. Alternatively you could dice cucumbers. Place on top of massaged kale and basil.
- Add sliced strawberries to tray or bowl and cover with juice of one lime and a sprinkle of salt. Gently toss if in bowl, or place on tray for more of a presentation.
- Drizzle on balsamic glaze before serving (see notes below for balsamic reduction).
- Recipe can be easily prepped the day before. Store in covered container in fridge until ready to serve.
1. To make balsamic reduction: In small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring 1 cup balsamic vinegar with 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup* to a boil. Option to omit sweetener. Reduce to simmer for 10-15 minutes, until balsamic has reduced to half and coats back of spoon. Store in jar in fridge about 3-4 weeks.
- Serving Size: 1/6th
- Calories: 59
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 45
- Fat: 2
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 16
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 0