- 1 large golden beet, peeled and spiralized
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 2 bunches lacinato kale
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup blueberries, divided
- 6oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup pecans
Balsamic Blueberry Vinaigrette:
- 1 cup blueberries,
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 large Medjool dates, pitted (or 2 TBS raw honey)
- 1/2 tsp stoneground mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Peel golden beet and spiralize; place in preheated 375ºF oven on parchment lined baking sheet – bake for 5-8 minutes or until soft; set aside. Note: you can also leave raw or boil for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile wash and roughly chop kale, removing stems and and tough pieces. Transfer chopped kale to bowl and drizzle with olive oil; massage kale between finger tips.
- Add in crumbled goat cheese, pecans and spiralized golden beet.
- Make the dressing: add all ingredients for dressing in small food processor or blender; blend until smooth.
- Serve salad with dressing, top with your favorite lean meat or even had some roasted chickpeas or tempeh for a plant-based option. Enjoy!
Store leftover dressing in fridge; use within 1 week.
Feel free to omit goat cheese to make vegan/paleo/whole30.
- Serving Size: 1/6th with dressing
- Calories: 341
- Sugar: 16
- Sodium: 234
- Fat: 34
- Saturated Fat: 8
- Unsaturated Fat: 24
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 21
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 8
- Cholesterol: 13