- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- olive oil for pan
- 5 whole large eggs
- 3/4 cup liquid egg whites (or about 4 egg whites)
- 1/4 cup milk (or cream) of choice
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning (or your favorite all-purpose)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 2/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a 9″ pie dish or square baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium-large skillet on medium heat, add about 1/2 TBS olive oil, minced garlic and kale. Cook and stir until kale is evenly coated in oil, sprinkle on sea salt here if you wish. Allow kale to cook down for about 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat once kale has cooked down.
- In a large bowl, add whole eggs, egg whites, milk, seasoning, red pepper flakes, plus salt and pepper to taste. Whisk until evenly combined.
- In your prepared dish, add kale, then egg mixture, then top with crumbled goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until middle has set. Allow egg bake to cool for about 10 minutes, before slicing and serving.
-This recipe may also be baked in a larger dish, such as a 13×9 pan, your egg bake will just come out thinner, and you will have to adjust baking time accordingly.
-Wrap leftovers and store in fridge, up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 122
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 155
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 9
- Cholesterol: 98mg