- 4 cups kale, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 4 cups romaine, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- For the dressing:
- 3.5 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 2.5 TBS cashew butter (I used homemade)
- 1.5 TBS pure grade B maple syrup
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp stone ground mustard (you can leave out but I prefer the extra flavor)
- 1–2 TBS water (to desired consistency)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and dry your greens (I used my salad spinner).
- Massage kale leaves with EVOO to soften leaves. (Just trust me.)
- Add greens to large bowl.
- Toss in almonds and dried cranberries.
- Make your dressing and add in about 1/4-1/3 cup of the dressing, tossing to coat. (I like to start with a little less dressing, and let people add in more if they choose.)
- Serve salad as side dish or as meal by adding your choice of extra toppings and protein.
ADDITIONAL TOPPING SUGGESTIONS: Avocado, roma tomatoes, roasted sweet potatoes, crumbled feta, grilled chicken breast, etc.
-Store any leftover dressing in sealed jar in fridge, up to 5 days fresh.
-To serve a large crowd, I’d up the greens to 6 cups each of kale and romaine (12 cups total), and add about 3/4 up each of the cranberries and almonds. Double dressing if you want more leftover.
- Serving Size: 1/6th
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 14
- Sodium: 84
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 0