- raw red or golden beets
- 1 cup water
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker
- Place steaming rack inside Instant Pot (pressure cooker) and fill with 1 cup water.
- Scrub beets to remove as much dirt as you can; cut off stems about one inch from base.
- Place beets on steaming rack in one layer; not piling on top of each other.
- Using Instant Pot manual mode and vent in the sealing position, cook beats for 15 minutes. Larger beets may need about 20 minutes. Smaller beets about 2″ in diameter may only need 10 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, carefully manually release the pressure (cover valve with towel and keep face away!).
- Use tongs to remove beets and place them in colander; rinse beets under cold water and gently rub skins off.
- Place beets on cutting board and trim ends off. Cut into quarters, slices or make into noodles for easy meal prep. Or keep whole and use in various recipes.