- 3 TBS Raw Honey, liquid state
- 1 TBS Grade B Pure Maple Syrup*, room temperature
- 1 TBS Extra Virgin Coconut Oil*, melt in microwave for liquid state.
- 1/2 Cup Nut Butters* (I use a mixture of raw almond butter and pure cashew butter)
- 3/4 Cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut, dessicated (medium shred will work too)
- 2 TBS Chia Seeds
- 3 TBS Coconut Flour (Almond Meal/Flour would work here too)
- 3 TBS Hemp Protein Powder (Milled flaxseed, or protein powder)
- In a medium-large bowl, mix together honey, maple syrup, coconut oil, and nut butters.
- Add oats, shredded coconut, chia seeds, coconut flour, and hemp protein powder and mix together well.
- Let mix sit in fridge for about 30 minutes for easier ball making.
- After 30 minutes and energy ball mixture has firmed up, roll into about 1-1.5″ balls.
You should be able to make about 18 balls.
- Store in air-tight container in fridge up to 10-12 days.
They can also be stored in the freezer.
*If you don’t have maple syrup on hand, you can use all honey in place of. I also keep my pure maple syrup in the refrigerator, and let it come to room temperature before mixing with the coconut oil
*If your coconut oil is in a solid state, run jar under warm water, or melt in microwave for about 5 seconds, before mixing with honey and maple syrup.
*If you don’t have hemp protein powder, you may sub with milled flaxseed, almond meal, whey protein powder, or a vegan protein powder. Just make sure mixture comes together at end. If it still feels very gooey before putting in fridge, try adding another tablespoon of coconut flour, or almond meal.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 98
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 4mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg