Peanut Butter Layer
- 1/2 cup all natural creamy peanut butter (the drippy kind)
- 1.5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup almond flour or oat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt (if using unsalted peanut butter)
- 10 ounces quality dark chocolate (quality matters here!)
- 2 Tablespoons all natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 Tablespoon coconut oil
- flaked sea salt, for topping (optional)
- Line 12-cup muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- Make the filling: In a medium bowl combine peanut butter with maple syrup, then stir in almond flour (or oat flour) and sea salt until fully incorporated. Mixture should be soft. Place in fridge.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate: In a small saucepan over low heat, add chocolate, peanut butter and coconut oil. Stir continuously until smooth. If using the microwave, melt in 30 second increments on half power, stirring in between until fully melted.
- Assemble peanut butter cups: Add about 1 tablespoon of chocolate to each paper liner, brushing up against sides. Take about 1 tablespoon of peanut butter filling, roll in palms and flatten slightly before placing onto melted chocolate; continue filling each up with peanut butter filling before topping off with another tablespoon of chocolate.
- Place in fridge for about 20 minutes to set, or freezer for 15 minutes.
- Dive in!
VEGAN – to keep these peanut butter cups vegan, use vegan friendly chocolate
GLUTEN FREE – use almond flour or certified gluten free oats. Check out how to make oat flour here.